Tuesday, September 23, 2008

THE MONEY PIT

I grew up in New York City. From an early age, I had visions of owning and operating my own Bed and Breakfast and antique shop in a quaint village. On one of my many excursions upstate I fell upon this wonderful area which seemed a bit far from the city but never the less was as quaint and charming as could be. My first ride in Andes NY produced the property I was to buy that very day. As I drove down Route 28 into the village of Andes visions of sugar plums danced in my head.--- That was the last happy thought for years to come, ergo the name of this blog post; The Money Pit. The property needed extensive renovations and I knew absolutely nobody in the area. The rest of my experiences up in Andes followed much of the story lines of The Money Pit. So, years later and now living and working in Real Estate in Ulster County I have decided to create my website and blog to be of service to people moving to our area. It is my hope that you will enjoy reading my blog, maybe enjoy a giggle or two and most of all be able to identify with my adventures and the quality of Life in Ulster County. My resource list is comprised of people who, in my humble opinion, appear to do a descent job in their craft. We are now entering my favorite season. Leaves are starting to change. Time to get some Apple Cider from my favorite place Jenkins and Leukens up on route 299 just outside of New Paltz. Try their delicious Apple Cake. Oct. 4th will see the Oktoberfest up at Hunter Mountain. Hope to see you around the area.

1 comment:

Zoning Out Again said...

I wish I had known you when I moved out here from California!
I didn't know the area and really felt alone. It took me years to really get to know my way about.