Friday, November 14, 2008

Hudson Valley Angels

Waking up in pain in the middle of the night is never any fun. I woke up two nights ago with horrible pain in my tooth. Of course that pain never comes at the right time which would be at 8:30am so you could call your dentist, jump in the car and be there in a few minutes for them to access your pain and do something to help you. It always comes in the middle of the night. So, many hours later I call my dentist, MaryAnn Salcetti, in Wappinger Falls(297-4236) and just like the angel that she and her staff are, they tell me to rush right over. I get in my car and cry all the way over there as I am sure I am never NOT going to have this pain(I am a terrible baby when it comes to pain). My dentist accesses my situation and determines I need a root canal done. She makes a phone call, gets off the phone and hands me an address. That easily????? I get back in my car and drive to the address and walk in to this lovely office with wonderful front desk staff. I wait for just minutes and am wisked to the back office where two dentists are working on patients. The dental asst assures me that the dentist will be done and will squeeze me in between her two patients. She takes an xray and goes out of her way to make me comfortable. Within a couple of minutes this sweetheart of a woman walks in and proceeds to explain what she will do and what I can expect. She and her assistant work together in perfect precision and before you know it I am done. Did I mention that they offered to cream my hands and have them rest in this heated bag and offered head phones to listen to relaxing music. I must tell you that as I write about the quality of life in our Hudson Valley, time must be taken to praise these wonderful women of the Assogna Endodontic Specialty Group @ 46 Fox Street in Poughkeepsie NY. 845-473-3636. You would have thought I had a long standing appt. and knew them for years with the wonderful way they treated me. I must also mention that if it were not for my dentist Maryann Salcetti I probably would have had to wait. I am blessed. I love our Hudson Valley and the wonderful people thereof.

No comments: