Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans day remembered



As I was a teenager of the 60's, Veterans Day is very special to me as many of my close friends that I grew up with, knew and loved went to Vietnam and many did not return. That war was very personal to me and taught me to respect the many men and women who came before that war and who fight for us today.

I stopped at my office today to drop off papers to our support staff. For most of the day I had been thinking of the friends I lost and the family and friends who have served in the military and who currently serve in the military. The woman who helps all of us in our office as our support staff person was there and she came up to me to show me the card she sent to one of our co workers in the office who she had come to find out was a Vietnam vet. The card was wonderful and Cindy told me how emotional our co worker had gotten over receiving the card which simply and eloquently thanked him for fighting for us.

I write this blog to specifically point out the quality of life here in the Hudson Valley. This beautiful gesture is just one part.

I love where I live. I love where I work. I love the people of the Hudson Valley.

No comments: